Two girls followed by man in Lowestoft
POLICE are keen a trace a man in his fifties after two girls reported that they were followed in Lowestoft town centre. The girls, aged 12 and 13, were on a number 102 bus travelling along Lowestoft Road just after 12.
POLICE are keen a trace a man in his fifties after two girls reported that they were followed in Lowestoft town centre.
The girls, aged 12 and 13, were on a number 102 bus travelling along Lowestoft Road just after 12.50pm on Saturday, when the man got on near the skate park and winked at them. They felt uncomfortable so got off the bus and caught the next one.
The girls then got off near the railway station and saw the man again near Station Square.
As they were shopping they spotted him apparently following them as they went around several stores.
Later, the girls got back on a 102 bus at the station and the man got on the same bus at Station Square.
He appeared to be staring and winking at them.
- 1 Part of A47 closed in Lowestoft due to incident
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Police seek help to identify man after wallet theft
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 6 Lowestoft man jailed after breaching restraining order within an hour
- 7 Crackdown on second home owners exploiting tax loophole on coast
- 8 Hospitality businesses braced for change after face mask announcement
- 9 Arsonist to be sentenced after admitting starting blaze at block of flats
- 10 Street to be decorated with Christmas decorations for Children's charity
He got off the bus at Lowestoft Road and watched as the girls went past, still on the bus.
The man was in his 50s, about 5ft9, with greasy, dark, shoulder length thinning hair followed two girls through the town centre on Saturday. He was white, of skinny build, had stubble and was wearing a black jacket and jeans.
Police are asking the man, or anyone who saw him, to come forward.