Two men arrested for houseboat burglary
- Credit: Photo: Google Maps
Two men have been arrested after a houseboat was broken into and a laptop, debit card, and a small amount of cash were stolen.
One of the men was also arrested for possessing drugs during the burglary.
On Saturday, July 27, Suffolk police were called to an incident behind the Boatbuilding Training College on Sea Lake Road in Lowestoft.
Police responded to a call at 2.07am, and arrested two men who were attempting to flee from a houseboat in a small rowing boat.
The men had stolen a black HP laptop and a tan purse containing somebody's debit card and £16 in cash.
You may also want to watch:
A 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of burglary and taking a vehicle without consent, while a 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of burglary, taking a vehicle without consent, theft from a vehicle, going equipped and possession of class B drugs.
Both men were taken to Great Yarmouth Police investigation centre and were released on police bail pending further enquiries until August 6.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 2 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 6 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree