Two men arrested for thefts and burglaries in Lowestoft
TWO men have been arrested by police in connection with a house burglary in Lowestoft and also the theft of a car.
The men were arrested yesterday (Monday) following the house burglary at Rosewood in the town between 3.20pm on Saturday (November 6) and 12.30pm on Sunday and the theft of a car – a red Nissan Micra - from Green Drive on the evening of last Friday, November 5.
A 21-year-old man and a 20-year-old man, both from Lowestoft, were arrested yesterday and taken into custody at the town's police station where they were interviewed by officers. They have now been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on January 12, 2011 pending further enquiries.
The two have also been arrested in connection with the theft of number plates from a vehicle in Chedgrave Road overnight on Saturday and Sunday.
The 21-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of another house burglary at a home in Westland Road between Friday and Sunday, November 7, and the 20-year-old man was also charged in connection with two other theft of motor vehicle offences.
You may also want to watch:
'Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have been in Green Drive between 8pm and 11pm on Friday who may have seen the red Nissan Micra being stolen,' a police spokesman said.
'This vehicle has now been recovered by police, but anyone with information is asked to call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.'
- 1 Calls for netting to be removed after red-listed birds die
- 2 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 5 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 6 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 7 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 10 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting