Two men die in crash at Henham
TWO men have died and another is seriously injured after a car careered off the road and collided with a tree at Henham.Police are seeking information after the fatal road traffic accident on the A145 at Henham on Wednesday morning.
TWO men have died and another is seriously injured after a car careered off the road and collided with a tree at Henham.
Police are seeking information after the fatal road traffic accident on the A145 at Henham on Wednesday morning.
Officers were contacted just after 7.10am to reports that a car was off the road and in a field near Sotherton crossroads.
“It appears the car, a blue Nissan Almera, left the road and collided with a tree,” a police spokesperson told The Journal.
You may also want to watch:
Police, fire and ambulance attended the scene and found the vehicle with three occupants.
A 28-year-old man from Saxmundham, who was the front seat passenger, was pronounced dead at the scene. A second young man was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston after suffering serious injuries, but he died after 1pm.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 8 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 9 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
Another man, believed to be the driver, was taken to Ipswich Hospital and is said to be in a stable condition.
The road was closed with traffic being diverted via Halesworth on the B1123 and B1124 until just after noon.
“Police need to speak to anyone who was driving in the area at the time, regardless of whether they saw the collision or not,” the spokesperson added. “If you were driving along the A145 or were near Sotherton crossroads around 7am this morning please get in touch.”
Information about the crash should be directed to Halesworth Roads Policing Unit on 01986 835300.