Two men facing jail over ‘nasty and vicious’ attack in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Two men are facing jail sentences following an aggravated burglary at a home in Lowestoft last year which left two women with serious injuries.
A jury at Ipswich Crown Court this afternoon (Tuesday, March 12), found Leslie Colvin, 31, of London Road South, guilty of aggravated burglary and two counts of GBH, in connection with an incident in Cambridge Road, Lowestoft in the early hours of Monday, August 27 last year.
Alan Harwood, 30, of High Street, Lowestoft, had pleaded guilty to the offences as the trial was about to start.
Both Colvin and Harwood have been remanded in custody to be sentenced at a later date.
Police were initially called by a member of the public to reports of a disturbance at the mid-terrace home and on arrival officers found the front door smashed in. They then discovered a 47-year-old woman and a 28-year-old woman, both with serious injuries and an ambulance was called.
You may also want to watch:
The 47-year-old was left with life threatening injuries, while the 28-year-old suffered a broken arm and head wounds. Both were initially taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston but the 47-year-old was later transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
From the information passed to police, the two involved were quickly identified as Colvin and Harwood.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
Detective Chief Inspector Steve Mattin, senior investigating officer in the case, said he was pleased Colvin had been found guilty.
'This was a nasty and vicious attack in the early hours of the morning on two defenceless women in their own home,' DCI Mattin said.
? FOR MORE ON THIS CASE BE SURE TO BUY THIS FRIDAY'S JOURNAL.