Two men injured in brawl in Lowestoft
TWO men were taken to hospital after trouble flared in a Lowestoft pub.
Police and the East of England Ambulance Service were called to the Norman Warrior pub in Fir Lane, Lowestoft at 2.54am on Saturday morning.
A spokesman said that a 34-year-old man had been injured after 'a fight broke out'. He was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston after suffering facial injuries.
Police later revealed that the two taken to hospital for treatment were 'a member of staff and a customer.'
They both suffered 'bruising, swelling and reddening to their faces' in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Two men were later arrested by police on suspicion of assault in connection with the incident. 'Two 22-year-old men were arrested, and they have both been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on February 3, 2011,' the police spokesman said.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk