Two tier education system
THE county is changing from a three to two tier education system.They have rail roaded Waveney District Council into putting a pupil referral unit on a school playing field, which is against the council's local plans and against the recommendations of the planning committee.
THE county is changing from a three to two tier education system.
They have rail roaded Waveney District Council into putting a pupil referral unit on a school playing field, which is against the council's local plans and against the recommendations of the planning committee.
There will be a school left empty when the change over takes place, which can only be used for education, which I believe will be Roman Hill Middle. Why not move Roman Hill Primary to the middle school and sell off the old primary, or use it for the sixth form and the 16 to 18-year-olds which the Government is bringing in?
This would save building more on Lowestoft College taking up land on the Water Lane Sports Centre, land which was used for BMX bikes. Extending the college for the extra pupils and clogging up the roads round the college by using Roman Hill would mean just rebuilding the old college and giving them extra parking where the old building is with plenty of parking at Roman Hill in the bottom playground for the pupils. The area round the college is packed with cars parked everywhere and I think that the college should think about parking.
You may also want to watch:
As for the pupil referral unit on the playing field; the Government is all for children to get healthy but when they take away sports fields where are they to exercise?
This also goes for primary schools who will lose playgrounds for the extra classrooms for the children in the extra two years that will require classrooms. Beside the extra classes they will need extra play areas and larger playing fields to keep the children from getting obese.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 9 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 10 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
The primary schools will also need extra staff as well as sports equipment to keep the children from being obese.
So primary heads think ahead as you will need these. You may think that you have enough staff but you will start having children with statements in year five and six who will need one to one help, so now is the time to think about what you may need from the staff of year five and six at middle schools as some will quit education if they do not know where they are going when the change over comes. So look ahead as some of the best will go out of education.
Oulton Road North