Two women charged following attempted burglary
- Credit: Archant
Two women have been charged following an attempted burglary in Reydon.
Nickie Masterson, 20, of Kingsway, Earsham, near Bungay, and Georgina Sugden, 21, of Town Green, Great Ellingham, near Attleborough were both charged with attempting to enter a building with intent to steal and for three separate incidents relating to theft and fraud.
Officers were called shortly after 2.30am on Friday, March 30, following reports of an attempted burglary in Reydon.
Police said the offenders had attempted to force entry into Barbrook Stores on Lowestoft Road, but were unsuccessful.
The two women were subsequently arressted on suspicion of attempted burglary at around 5.15am on the A145 at Brampton by a police dog unit.
You may also want to watch:
Masterson and Sugden both appeared at Ipswich Magistrates' court on Saturday, March 31 charged with the following five offences;
• Attempted burglary relating to the incident at Barbrook Stores in Reydon on Friday, March 30.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 5 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 6 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 7 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 8 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 9 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
• Burglary relating to a break-in at Pammy's Store in Beresford Road, Lowestoft, on Tuesday, March 13 where over £500 worth of alcohol was stolen .
• One count of theft and one count of fraud by false representation; in connection with the theft of a card wallet containing bank cards from a woman in a shop in Beccles on Monday, January 15; and 17 subsequent attempts to make contactless payments using the stolen cards in Beccles, Bungay and Halesworth on the same day .
• Theft of a number of items of clothing from Matalan in Albion Way, Norwich, on Friday, January 19 .
The offence of theft relating to the stolen wallets and bank cards was withdrawn for both defendants at the court hearing on March 31.
At the hearing at Ipswich Magistrates' Court they were granted bail ahead of another hearing at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, May 8.