Cable fault knocks out power to hundreds of homes and businesses
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Hundreds of people woke up this morning with no electricity supply in their homes due to a power cut.
UK Power Networks were made aware of the problem shortly before 6am on Tuesday.
As of 6.45am, 411 properties were affected along the Norfolk-Suffolk border, including some in and around Beccles, Bungay and some in Lowestoft.
Engineers were sent to the scene at 6.19am to investigate the issue, caused by a faulty piece of underground equipment.
Power was rerouted remotely to some people while engineers worked at the scene to restore power to the rest of the affected homes.
You may also want to watch:
UK Power Networks said the problem was fixed by 9.09am.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.
- 1 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 2 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 3 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 6 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 7 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 8 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 9 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 10 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft