Update: Lowestoft to Ipswich line reopened after swing bridge fault repaired
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Lowestoft to Ipswich service is running as normal after engineers repaired a fault with the swing bridge at Oulton Broad.
Network Rail engineers were called to the swing bridge this morning and normal services were restored shortly after 11am today.
Rail replacement buses had been operating between Lowestoft and Oulton Broad South stations while the swing bridge was out of action.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 2 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 3 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 4 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 5 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 6 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 7 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 8 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 9 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 10 Robbers attempt to steal dog in Lowestoft churchyard