UPDATE: Teenage cyclist in collision near Beccles making good recovery
A 14-YEAR-OLD cyclist who was airlifted to hospital after a crash near Beccles is set to make a full recovery.
The teenager was taken to hospital after his bicycle was involved in a collision with a vehicle at the junction of the A145 and Sotterley Road in Willingham St Mary, near Beccles, at 5.30pm on Tuesday.
A paramedic response car and ambulance attended but the boy's injuries were initially thought to be so serious that a helicopter was called to airlift him to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital. He had suffered neck, shoulder and skull injuries.
However, a Suffolk police spokesman last night said the youngster's injuries were not life-threatening or life-changing and he was expected to be released from hospital shortly.
As a result of the incident police closed Sotterley Road and Rectory Road for several hours to examine the scene of the crash, reopening them at 9.15pm
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident to contact Pc Hicks at Halesworth roads policing unit on 01473 613500.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 6 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 7 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 8 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 9 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 10 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him