UPDATE: Teenage cyclist in collision near Beccles making good recovery
A 14-YEAR-OLD cyclist who was airlifted to hospital after a crash near Beccles is set to make a full recovery.
The teenager was taken to hospital after his bicycle was involved in a collision with a vehicle at the junction of the A145 and Sotterley Road in Willingham St Mary, near Beccles, at 5.30pm on Tuesday.
A paramedic response car and ambulance attended but the boy's injuries were initially thought to be so serious that a helicopter was called to airlift him to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital. He had suffered neck, shoulder and skull injuries.
However, a Suffolk police spokesman last night said the youngster's injuries were not life-threatening or life-changing and he was expected to be released from hospital shortly.
As a result of the incident police closed Sotterley Road and Rectory Road for several hours to examine the scene of the crash, reopening them at 9.15pm
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident to contact Pc Hicks at Halesworth roads policing unit on 01473 613500.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 5 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'