UPDATED: Police treating moped blaze as arson after flames spotted in Lowestoft alleyway
FLAMES spotted in an alleyway in Lowestoft alerted an observant local to two motorbikes alight in the early hours of today (Friday).
Suffolk fire and rescue service were called out at 5.45am following reports of flames in the alleyway between Oxford Road and Ipswich Road in the town.
A crew from Lowestoft South fire station arrived at the scene to discover two motorbikes 'well alight.'
The blaze was under control by 6.18am.
Police are now treating this blaze as arson, after someone set light to the two mopeds in an alleyway at the back of homes in Oxford Road.
Both mopeds were destroyed in the blaze and two nearby fences were also damaged.
Police are asking anyone with information about who set them alight to call PC 1723 Pullen on 01986 835300 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man throws brick through living room window in Lowestoft
- 2 Hundreds bask in sun for return of 'wonderful' event
- 3 Have your say on redevelopment of station building vacant for 50 years
- 4 'Time for some you time': Unwind at brand new wellbeing retreat
- 5 Enjoy the wonders of hidden exotic garden at summer open days
- 6 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 7 Police hunt wanted man from Lowestoft
- 8 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 9 Roads 'likely' to flood as thunderstorms hit Suffolk
- 10 Over 120 free events planned for return of country's biggest heritage event