UPDATED: Police treating moped blaze as arson after flames spotted in Lowestoft alleyway
FLAMES spotted in an alleyway in Lowestoft alerted an observant local to two motorbikes alight in the early hours of today (Friday).
Suffolk fire and rescue service were called out at 5.45am following reports of flames in the alleyway between Oxford Road and Ipswich Road in the town.
A crew from Lowestoft South fire station arrived at the scene to discover two motorbikes 'well alight.'
The blaze was under control by 6.18am.
Police are now treating this blaze as arson, after someone set light to the two mopeds in an alleyway at the back of homes in Oxford Road.
You may also want to watch:
Both mopeds were destroyed in the blaze and two nearby fences were also damaged.
Police are asking anyone with information about who set them alight to call PC 1723 Pullen on 01986 835300 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 4 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 7 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 8 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 9 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 10 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat