UPDATED: Police treating moped blaze as arson after flames spotted in Lowestoft alleyway
FLAMES spotted in an alleyway in Lowestoft alerted an observant local to two motorbikes alight in the early hours of today (Friday).
Suffolk fire and rescue service were called out at 5.45am following reports of flames in the alleyway between Oxford Road and Ipswich Road in the town.
A crew from Lowestoft South fire station arrived at the scene to discover two motorbikes 'well alight.'
The blaze was under control by 6.18am.
Police are now treating this blaze as arson, after someone set light to the two mopeds in an alleyway at the back of homes in Oxford Road.
You may also want to watch:
Both mopeds were destroyed in the blaze and two nearby fences were also damaged.
Police are asking anyone with information about who set them alight to call PC 1723 Pullen on 01986 835300 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 2 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault
- 3 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 7 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 10 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale