Valentine’s Day themed fun at Lowestoft Library
- Credit: Helen Lobel
Visitors to Lowestoft Library are being encouraged to not judge a book by its cover as part of a Valentine's Day themed activity.
The Blind Date with a Book display encourages bookworms to purchase a surprise fiction book for the cost of 50p.
Lowestoft Library information adviser, Hannah Precious, explained:
'Our display has lots of books wrapped in brown paper with three descriptive words written on the wrapping.
'People decide on what book to read by looking at the words displayed on the covering rather than the author who wrote it or the normal cover of the book.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'It is a really good opportunity for people to discover something new as sometimes we get stuck in a rut reading the same author or genre.'
All funds raised from Blind Date with a Book are donated to the Friends of Lowestoft Library.
- 1 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 2 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 3 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 7 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 8 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
- 9 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
For more information call 01502 674 660.