Investigations continuing after van crashes into a tree
- Credit: Archant
A busy road was temporarily closed to traffic after a transit van was in collision with a tree.
Police and a crew from Lowestoft South fire station was called out to reports of a vehicle leaving the road and hitting a tree on Katwijk Way.
A police spokesman said: "We were called at 4.37pm on Wednesday, May 15 to reports of a white transit van leaving the road and hitting a tree.
"A few litres of fuel had leaked onto the road and smoke from the vehicle had been seen, so the fire service was called and part of the road was closed to clear the area."
Firefighters were alerted at 4.41pm and the scene was cleared by 5.01pm.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokesman added: "Inquiries are continuing at this stage."
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 10 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk