Vandals strike in crime spree across Lowestoft
POLICE investigations are underway following a spate of criminal damage incidents across Lowestoft in the past few days.
Officers are seeking witnesses to 12 separate damage incidents, which have been reported across town, with many of the crimes taking place between last Thursday and Monday this week.
• Someone smashed the rear windscreen of a Vauxhall car parked in Barber Close in Kessingland about 12.15am on Saturday (January 1).
• Wing mirrors on a silver Toyota parked in Somerton Avenue and a black Ford car parked in Mount Pleasant were damaged about 11.45pm on Friday (December 31). Police need to trace a small group of boys - one wearing a red T-shirt - who were seen in the area at the time.
• A wing mirror was broken off a silver Ford parked in Tedder Road between 7pm last Thursday (December 30)and 7am on Friday.
• Several windows at a home in Pakefield Road were smashed by vandals between 11am on Friday and 11.55am on Saturday. Panes of glass in two doors and a window were broken.
• A 5ft by 6ft window at the front of a shop at Pier Terrace was smashed about 2am on Saturday. Police need to trace three men - all white, and one with a shaved head, who was wearing a black jacket - who were seen outside the premises at the time.
- 1 Three people arrested in Lowestoft as part of burglary crackdown
- 2 Man appears in court for Lowestoft arson offences
- 3 Region's rebel MP: 'Im not grumpy' just acting in my peoples' best interests
- 4 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 5 Teenager arrested on suspicion of arson after Lowestoft fire
- 6 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge
- 7 'I was just really drunk' - man squared up to police after pub call-out
- 8 Part of A47 closed in Lowestoft due to incident
- 9 Lowestoft lighting the way in region's fight against food waste
- 10 Police release CCTV after Honda stolen from car park
• Two vehicles parked in Cleveland Road were damaged between 2am and 2.55am on Saturday.
A Vauxhall had a window smashed and a wing mirror broken off and a Suzuki had paintwork on its roof and bonnet scratched. Police need to identify a group of youths seen in the area around 2.20am.
• Corrugated roof panels on a shed at Beaconsfield Road were damaged between Wednesday, December 15 and Thursday, December 30 - possibly by someone using a piece of wood to break the panels - according to police.
• A section of brick wall, topped with ironwork, was pushed over outside a home in Ashley Downs between 2.30am and 9am on Monday, January 3.
• A panel of wooden fencing at a home in Dowson Drive in Kessingland was damaged between midnight and 2am on Saturday.
Anyone who can help with any of the incidents above should telephone Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300.