Vehicle fire among incidents attended by fire crews
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Fire crews have been kept busy by a succession of three minor incidents.
At approximately 12.17pm yesterday (Friday, August 11), Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) were notified of a person trapped in a swimming pool on Coast Road in Corton.
However, having arrived on the scene, no action was required from SFRS and one male was left in the care of the East of England Ambulance Service.
A crew was also called to Horn Hill in Lowestoft at 2.48pm, after receiving a call saying a female had collapsed at Asda supermarket.
The attending crew administered first aid and the matter was passed on to the ambulance service.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, one vehicle from Lowestoft South fire station was called to Pier Terrace at approximately 2.58pm, following reports of a vehicle fire.
The blaze was extinguished by a single hose reel and the incident was under control by 3.04pm.
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014
Investigations into the initial cause of the fire are ongoing.