Vehicle fire among incidents attended by fire crews
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Fire crews have been kept busy by a succession of three minor incidents.
At approximately 12.17pm yesterday (Friday, August 11), Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) were notified of a person trapped in a swimming pool on Coast Road in Corton.
However, having arrived on the scene, no action was required from SFRS and one male was left in the care of the East of England Ambulance Service.
A crew was also called to Horn Hill in Lowestoft at 2.48pm, after receiving a call saying a female had collapsed at Asda supermarket.
The attending crew administered first aid and the matter was passed on to the ambulance service.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, one vehicle from Lowestoft South fire station was called to Pier Terrace at approximately 2.58pm, following reports of a vehicle fire.
The blaze was extinguished by a single hose reel and the incident was under control by 3.04pm.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 7 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 10 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
Investigations into the initial cause of the fire are ongoing.