'Very serious' crash in Lowestoft
Mark BoggisA MAN is in a 'very serious' condition after the motorcycle he was riding collided with a car in Lowestoft this morning.Police, an ambulance crew and the East Anglian Air ambulance are currently on the scene of the crash, which happened at Rotterdam Road at about 10.Mark Boggis
A MAN is in a 'very serious' condition after the motorcycle he was riding collided with a car in Lowestoft this morning.
Police, an ambulance crew and the East Anglian Air ambulance are currently on the scene of the crash, which happened at Rotterdam Road at about 10.45am on Tuesday.
Traffic is being diverted, with Rotterdam Road closed at Normanston Drive, and motorists are being urged to avoid the area.
Police spokesman Anne-Marie Breach told The Journal: 'We were called by the ambulance service at 10.46am this morning to reports of a serious-injury accident. 'This is a two-vehicle road traffic collision involving a motorbike and a black Ford Focus, and the motorcyclist has gone under the car.'
The crash, which happened close to the Lake Lothing public house, is being treated by the emergency services as 'very serious' at the moment.
Further updates to this incident will be added on The Journal's website once more details are known.
- 1 Restaurant owner 'optimistic' for future after Christmas cancellations
- 2 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 3 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 4 New homes and retail unit bid for vacant former Tesco store
- 5 Holocaust memorial ceremony to be held at town's rail station
- 6 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 7 'Blight' of fly-tipping on rise in east Suffolk as council vows clampdown
- 8 Motorbike stolen during overnight theft in Lowestoft
- 9 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike