'Very serious' crash in Lowestoft
Mark BoggisA MAN is in a 'very serious' condition after the motorcycle he was riding collided with a car in Lowestoft this morning.Police, an ambulance crew and the East Anglian Air ambulance are currently on the scene of the crash, which happened at Rotterdam Road at about 10.Mark Boggis
A MAN is in a 'very serious' condition after the motorcycle he was riding collided with a car in Lowestoft this morning.
Police, an ambulance crew and the East Anglian Air ambulance are currently on the scene of the crash, which happened at Rotterdam Road at about 10.45am on Tuesday.
Traffic is being diverted, with Rotterdam Road closed at Normanston Drive, and motorists are being urged to avoid the area.
Police spokesman Anne-Marie Breach told The Journal: 'We were called by the ambulance service at 10.46am this morning to reports of a serious-injury accident. 'This is a two-vehicle road traffic collision involving a motorbike and a black Ford Focus, and the motorcyclist has gone under the car.'
You may also want to watch:
The crash, which happened close to the Lake Lothing public house, is being treated by the emergency services as 'very serious' at the moment.
Further updates to this incident will be added on The Journal's website once more details are known.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 3 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 4 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 7 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 8 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 9 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 10 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment