'Very serious' crash in Lowestoft
Mark BoggisA MAN is in a 'very serious' condition after the motorcycle he was riding collided with a car in Lowestoft this morning.Police, an ambulance crew and the East Anglian Air ambulance are currently on the scene of the crash, which happened at Rotterdam Road at about 10.Mark Boggis
A MAN is in a 'very serious' condition after the motorcycle he was riding collided with a car in Lowestoft this morning.
Police, an ambulance crew and the East Anglian Air ambulance are currently on the scene of the crash, which happened at Rotterdam Road at about 10.45am on Tuesday.
Traffic is being diverted, with Rotterdam Road closed at Normanston Drive, and motorists are being urged to avoid the area.
Police spokesman Anne-Marie Breach told The Journal: 'We were called by the ambulance service at 10.46am this morning to reports of a serious-injury accident. 'This is a two-vehicle road traffic collision involving a motorbike and a black Ford Focus, and the motorcyclist has gone under the car.'
You may also want to watch:
The crash, which happened close to the Lake Lothing public house, is being treated by the emergency services as 'very serious' at the moment.
Further updates to this incident will be added on The Journal's website once more details are known.
- 1 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 4 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 5 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 6 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 7 'Help us make a new outside space': Appeal to transform school's playground
- 8 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 9 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 10 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight