'Very serious' crash in Lowestoft
Mark BoggisA MAN is in a 'very serious' condition after the motorcycle he was riding collided with a car in Lowestoft this morning.Police, an ambulance crew and the East Anglian Air ambulance are currently on the scene of the crash, which happened at Rotterdam Road at about 10.Mark Boggis
A MAN is in a 'very serious' condition after the motorcycle he was riding collided with a car in Lowestoft this morning.
Police, an ambulance crew and the East Anglian Air ambulance are currently on the scene of the crash, which happened at Rotterdam Road at about 10.45am on Tuesday.
Traffic is being diverted, with Rotterdam Road closed at Normanston Drive, and motorists are being urged to avoid the area.
Police spokesman Anne-Marie Breach told The Journal: 'We were called by the ambulance service at 10.46am this morning to reports of a serious-injury accident. 'This is a two-vehicle road traffic collision involving a motorbike and a black Ford Focus, and the motorcyclist has gone under the car.'
The crash, which happened close to the Lake Lothing public house, is being treated by the emergency services as 'very serious' at the moment.
Further updates to this incident will be added on The Journal's website once more details are known.
- 1 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 2 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
- 3 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 4 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 5 VW Golf seized and BMW driver warned over loud exhaust in Lowestoft
- 6 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 7 Father-of-four gets driving ban after night out in resort
- 8 'A first for Lowestoft': Joy as new outdoor fitness equipment unveiled
- 9 WATCH: Three people and two dogs rescued from car fire
- 10 Who put them up there? The mystery of the Lowestoft scarecrows