'Very serious' crash in Lowestoft
Mark BoggisA MAN is in a 'very serious' condition after the motorcycle he was riding collided with a car in Lowestoft this morning.Police, an ambulance crew and the East Anglian Air ambulance are currently on the scene of the crash, which happened at Rotterdam Road at about 10.Mark Boggis
A MAN is in a 'very serious' condition after the motorcycle he was riding collided with a car in Lowestoft this morning.
Police, an ambulance crew and the East Anglian Air ambulance are currently on the scene of the crash, which happened at Rotterdam Road at about 10.45am on Tuesday.
Traffic is being diverted, with Rotterdam Road closed at Normanston Drive, and motorists are being urged to avoid the area.
Police spokesman Anne-Marie Breach told The Journal: 'We were called by the ambulance service at 10.46am this morning to reports of a serious-injury accident. 'This is a two-vehicle road traffic collision involving a motorbike and a black Ford Focus, and the motorcyclist has gone under the car.'
You may also want to watch:
The crash, which happened close to the Lake Lothing public house, is being treated by the emergency services as 'very serious' at the moment.
Further updates to this incident will be added on The Journal's website once more details are known.
- 1 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 2 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man in 30s suffers emergency in Kessingland
- 4 Why a strange light was seen flying over Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 7 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 8 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 9 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 10 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault