Virtual fundraising event for people with life-limiting illnesses launched
- Credit: St Elizabeth Hospice
St Elizabeth Hospice has announced the launch of a fundraising event this year for people with life-limiting illnesses.
Following the postponing of the hospice’s Christmas Day Dip due to covid 19, the fundraising team have created virtual activities, Santa Stride ‘n’ Ride happening from 16 to 28 December and Ice Bucket Challenge on Christmas Day,.
This will raise money for the hospice’s Be a Star Christmas appeal.
The campaign raises funds for the hospice which will provide vital care for hundreds of people living with progressive and life-limiting illnesses and their families across East Suffolk, Great Yarmouth and Waveney over the Christmas period.
Joanne Rodger, Events and Challenges Manager at St Elizabeth Hospice, said: "We will be supporting more than 900 patients and their families over Christmas, during what for some will sadly be their last together.
You may also want to watch:
“We cannot wait to see supporters sharing videos and photos as they complete their Ice Bucket and Santa Stride ‘n’ Ride challenges!”
Tickets for Santa Stride ‘n’ Ride are here: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/santas-stride-ride-tickets-123651840985
Registration for the Ice Bucket Challenge is here: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/st-elizabeth-hospice-ice-bucket-challenge-tickets-123654942261
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 3 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 4 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 5 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 People 'clambering over and fishing from' danger defences
- 8 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 9 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales