Virtual fundraising event for people with life-limiting illnesses launched
- Credit: St Elizabeth Hospice
St Elizabeth Hospice has announced the launch of a fundraising event this year for people with life-limiting illnesses.
Following the postponing of the hospice’s Christmas Day Dip due to covid 19, the fundraising team have created virtual activities, Santa Stride ‘n’ Ride happening from 16 to 28 December and Ice Bucket Challenge on Christmas Day,.
This will raise money for the hospice’s Be a Star Christmas appeal.
The campaign raises funds for the hospice which will provide vital care for hundreds of people living with progressive and life-limiting illnesses and their families across East Suffolk, Great Yarmouth and Waveney over the Christmas period.
Joanne Rodger, Events and Challenges Manager at St Elizabeth Hospice, said: "We will be supporting more than 900 patients and their families over Christmas, during what for some will sadly be their last together.
You may also want to watch:
“We cannot wait to see supporters sharing videos and photos as they complete their Ice Bucket and Santa Stride ‘n’ Ride challenges!”
Tickets for Santa Stride ‘n’ Ride are here: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/santas-stride-ride-tickets-123651840985
Registration for the Ice Bucket Challenge is here: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/st-elizabeth-hospice-ice-bucket-challenge-tickets-123654942261
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft