Churches spread festive cheer with free present wrapping service
- Credit: Archant
It is a festive task that many hate doing and quite often leave until the last minute.
But a team of volunteers will be on hand in Lowestoft town centre next weekend to offer shoppers a helping hand with their Christmas present wrapping.
Organised by Christians Together, representatives from Lowestoft churches will have paper, scissors and sticky tape at the ready, offering a wrapping service for free from their stall outside Starbucks in London Road North.
Major Jenny Barwise, of Salvation Army Lowestoft South Citadel, said it is their way of giving something back to the community.
She said: 'People can bring along any sized parcel and we will wrap it for free. Last year we had a six foot mirror we had to wrap, as well as things like jewellery boxes and lots of dog biscuits.'
You may also want to watch:
The team will be out wrapping next Saturday, December 9, from 10am to about 2.30pm.
- 1 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 2 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 3 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 6 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 9 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
- 10 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment