Churches spread festive cheer with free present wrapping service
- Credit: Archant
It is a festive task that many hate doing and quite often leave until the last minute.
But a team of volunteers will be on hand in Lowestoft town centre next weekend to offer shoppers a helping hand with their Christmas present wrapping.
Organised by Christians Together, representatives from Lowestoft churches will have paper, scissors and sticky tape at the ready, offering a wrapping service for free from their stall outside Starbucks in London Road North.
Major Jenny Barwise, of Salvation Army Lowestoft South Citadel, said it is their way of giving something back to the community.
She said: 'People can bring along any sized parcel and we will wrap it for free. Last year we had a six foot mirror we had to wrap, as well as things like jewellery boxes and lots of dog biscuits.'
You may also want to watch:
The team will be out wrapping next Saturday, December 9, from 10am to about 2.30pm.
- 1 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man in 30s suffers emergency in Kessingland
- 3 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 4 Why a strange light was seen flying over Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 7 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 8 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 9 School hails success of open evening as families return to the classroom
- 10 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles