Walk and family fun day to raise money for Parkinsons
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A support group for Parkinsons have planned a sponsored walk and a family fun day.
The event, on Sunday, May 13 from 11.30am, at Fritton Lake, will see participants walk as far as they would like to fundraise for the charity.
Alongside the walk will be activities such as archery, boat-trips and go-karting, all to the sound of a jazz band.
A spokesman for the group said: 'You are welcome to join us there whether you have experienced Parkinson's first hand or a member of your family has had the condition, or you have never taken that step to find out whether a support group is for you, or you wish to re-join or simply want to help raise funds.
Sponsorship forms or further details are available from either Mike Regis on 07919 491334 or Richard Eatock on 07973 126331.
You may also want to watch:
The group's monthly meetings are in St Benedict's Hall and enjoy a variety of informative and entertaining speakers, as well as partaking in exercise routines.
- 1 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 2 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 3 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 4 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 5 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 6 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 8 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 9 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 10 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft