||Cake stall - Gill Rush, Edna and friends raised �551.25 on Saturday at the Wangford cake stall in Southwold market place. Cakes were made by villagers, friends and families and they sold out by 11.
||Cake stall - Gill Rush, Edna and friends raised �551.25 on Saturday at the Wangford cake stall in Southwold market place. Cakes were made by villagers, friends and families and they sold out by 11.15am after hectic trading. Money raised goes towards the Wangford Church roof fund appeal, for which about �200,000 is required to replace a leaking lead roof and other external and internal fabric repairs.
||Car boot sale - On Sunday, starting at 10am, 10p admission, refreshments available. Pitches �4 inside, �3 outside can be booked in advance on 01502 578354.
||11th annual meeting - The annual meeting of the management committee of the Wangford and District Community Centre takes place on Tuesday in the centre at 7.30pm. The Community Council annual meeting will also take place later at 8pm in the centre.
||Church services - About 67 people attended the Easter Day service led by the Rev David Eaton in Wangford Church. Morning prayer will be this Sunday at 11am led by Margaret Dinn. Evening prayer in Uggeshall Church at 6pm will be lay led. There will be an afternoon service in South Cove Church at 3pm with David Alderton conducting. The blessing of Reydon Wood will take place on Sunday, May 3. All those wishing to attend should meet in the community centre at 2 to 2.15pm and walk to the wood. Refreshments will be served back in the community centre after the service. Pets are welcome. The blessing will be led by Rev Eaton.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 4 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 5 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 6 Woman suffering flashbacks and seizures after unprovoked attack
- 7 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 Lowestoft 'bold modern' beach huts decision pushed back
- 10 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son