||Cake stall - Gill Rush, Edna and friends raised �551.25 on Saturday at the Wangford cake stall in Southwold market place. Cakes were made by villagers, friends and families and they sold out by 11.
||Cake stall - Gill Rush, Edna and friends raised �551.25 on Saturday at the Wangford cake stall in Southwold market place. Cakes were made by villagers, friends and families and they sold out by 11.15am after hectic trading. Money raised goes towards the Wangford Church roof fund appeal, for which about �200,000 is required to replace a leaking lead roof and other external and internal fabric repairs.
||Car boot sale - On Sunday, starting at 10am, 10p admission, refreshments available. Pitches �4 inside, �3 outside can be booked in advance on 01502 578354.
||11th annual meeting - The annual meeting of the management committee of the Wangford and District Community Centre takes place on Tuesday in the centre at 7.30pm. The Community Council annual meeting will also take place later at 8pm in the centre.
||Church services - About 67 people attended the Easter Day service led by the Rev David Eaton in Wangford Church. Morning prayer will be this Sunday at 11am led by Margaret Dinn. Evening prayer in Uggeshall Church at 6pm will be lay led. There will be an afternoon service in South Cove Church at 3pm with David Alderton conducting. The blessing of Reydon Wood will take place on Sunday, May 3. All those wishing to attend should meet in the community centre at 2 to 2.15pm and walk to the wood. Refreshments will be served back in the community centre after the service. Pets are welcome. The blessing will be led by Rev Eaton.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 Rescue mission as fox gets tangled in football net
- 4 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 Awareness and funds raised as walk for brave Drew hailed a success
- 7 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 8 T-rex to stomp its way across county on tour of towns and resorts
- 9 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 10 'Great to be back': parkrun returns to popular promenade