Vintage Tractor Run - The 12th East Suffolk Tractor Run takes place on Sunday. Over 100 tractors of all types and ages will start from Church Farm, Wenhaston at about 10.
Vintage Tractor Run - The 12th East Suffolk Tractor Run takes place on Sunday. Over 100 tractors of all types and ages will start from Church Farm, Wenhaston at about 10.30am and pass through Blyford, Holton and Westhall where they will line up to be inspected and admired at the village hall at noon approximately. After the break they will head back to Wenhaston via Blyford, arriving at about 3pm. No doubt there will then be fun with the tractor pulling. Refreshments will be available at Wenhaston. As always the drivers seek sponsorship towards nominated good causes, this year's being the St John Ambulance, Beccles and Linstead Dog's Home. All welcome to view the tractors along the route and any donations will be gratefully received.
Committee meeting - The Community Council Committee next meet on Tuesday at 7.30pm in the community centre, this being the first meeting since the annual meeting.
Barber - The mobile barber will be at the centre on Wednesday from 4.30 to 6.30pm. If you are unable to get to Stewart he can come to you on the same day. Call him on 568392 to arrange.
New bus service - Anglian Bus and Coach have introduced a new service which commenced on April 27, being the 608, a continuation of their 601 service from Halesworth to Lowestoft, which serves Wangford. On arrival at Lowestoft, the bus now continues to Great Yarmouth as 608, via the new Aldi, Tesco's, James Paget Hospital and Gorleston High Street. The 608 service operates Monday to Saturday. Timetables can be obtained from the village store or viewed at the community centre.
You may also want to watch:
Church services - There will be an early morning eucharist service at Uggeshall Church this Sunday at 8am. Evening prayer will also be in Uggeshall Church at 6pm. The monthly family service will be at 9.30am in Wangford Community Centre with Rev Julie Eaton. All families welcome. The blessing of Reydon Wood will be at 3pm, meet at the community centre at 2.15 to 2.30pm to walk to the wood. Refreshments back in the centre afterwards. Blessing conducted by the Rev David Eaton.
- 1 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 2 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 Brit Award winner cancels Latitude and Norwich shows due to Covid