Harvest supper - Ninety five people enjoyed this year's supper in the community centre last Saturday. This year the supper was part of the 850 'birthday' celebrations and a pageant was performed throughout the evening, with many local villagers, young and old taking an active part.
Harvest supper - Ninety five people enjoyed this year's supper in the community centre last Saturday. This year the supper was part of the 850 'birthday' celebrations and a pageant was performed throughout the evening, with many local villagers, young and old taking an active part. The pageant was written and directed by local resident Jill Merry and the village history had been thoroughly researched and represented in the play. At the end of the evening the 850 committee presented a cheque for �6,500 to Lady Penelope Gilbey, Patron of Wangford Church and local vicar David Eaton. The money was the profit from the various events held over the bank holiday weekend and goes towards the church roof appeal. This figure will go a long way towards the appeal and help generate further funds and grants by demonstrating that the whole of the village is committed to restoring the rapidly deteriorating village church, which stands so dominant in the centre of the village.
Table top sale -Margaret Chapman will be holding a sale this Sunday in the community centre. Admission 10 pence, refreshments available. To launch the new season of sales, stallholders are advised that pitches will be �3 each (normally �4) on this occasion. To book call Margaret on 568354.
Booking secretary - With effect from October 1, the community centre has a new booking secretary. Gill Rush has taken over from Norman Bryson and his late wife Barbara. For all bookings and enquiries call Gill on 578062.
Church services - There will be a eucharist service in the church on Sunday at 11am, led by Rev'd Julie Eaton. This is followed by Uggeshall's harvest festival in the church at 6pm, with Rev'ds David and Julie Eaton and David Alderton. All welcome.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 4 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 8 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 9 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 10 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities