Flower festival to be showcased
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
A flower festival will be held in Wangford later this month.
The parish church of St Peter and St Paul in Wangford will hold a flower festival on the bank holiday weekend of May 26, 27 and 28.
Under the guidance of Rosemary Sutton, this year's theme for the numerous floral displays that will be showcased will be 'A Hat For Every Occasion.'
The church will be open on Saturday and Monday from 11am until 4pm and on the Sunday, May 27 from 1pm.
At 3pm on the Sunday, a concert will be given by George and Polly Ives (cellos) and Jeffrey Dyball (harp and piano). Afternoon tea will be served during the concert interval.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to the festival is free, with a collection in aid of the Church Restoration Fund.
Further details are available from Rosemary Sutton on 01502 578462 or Sue Ives on 01502 578007.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 7 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 8 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 9 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 10 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat