Flower festival to be showcased
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
A flower festival will be held in Wangford later this month.
The parish church of St Peter and St Paul in Wangford will hold a flower festival on the bank holiday weekend of May 26, 27 and 28.
Under the guidance of Rosemary Sutton, this year's theme for the numerous floral displays that will be showcased will be 'A Hat For Every Occasion.'
The church will be open on Saturday and Monday from 11am until 4pm and on the Sunday, May 27 from 1pm.
At 3pm on the Sunday, a concert will be given by George and Polly Ives (cellos) and Jeffrey Dyball (harp and piano). Afternoon tea will be served during the concert interval.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to the festival is free, with a collection in aid of the Church Restoration Fund.
Further details are available from Rosemary Sutton on 01502 578462 or Sue Ives on 01502 578007.
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 5 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 6 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 7 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex
- 8 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 9 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 10 Charity behind music festival launches lockdown support group