Flower festival to be showcased
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
A flower festival will be held in Wangford later this month.
The parish church of St Peter and St Paul in Wangford will hold a flower festival on the bank holiday weekend of May 26, 27 and 28.
Under the guidance of Rosemary Sutton, this year's theme for the numerous floral displays that will be showcased will be 'A Hat For Every Occasion.'
The church will be open on Saturday and Monday from 11am until 4pm and on the Sunday, May 27 from 1pm.
At 3pm on the Sunday, a concert will be given by George and Polly Ives (cellos) and Jeffrey Dyball (harp and piano). Afternoon tea will be served during the concert interval.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to the festival is free, with a collection in aid of the Church Restoration Fund.
Further details are available from Rosemary Sutton on 01502 578462 or Sue Ives on 01502 578007.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted