Wanted - ghostly goings-on in Lowestoft
A LOWESTOFT historian is appealing to readers for stories of ghostly goings-on in the old Beach Village.Ivan Bunn is writing a third edition of his book Haunted Lowestoft, and is particularly keen to hear of any spooky stories that he can help preserve.
A LOWESTOFT historian is appealing to readers for stories of ghostly goings-on in the old Beach Village.
Ivan Bunn is writing a third edition of his book Haunted Lowestoft, and is particularly keen to hear of any spooky stories that he can help preserve.
'Reading through the manuscript I realised that it contains no stories from the old Beach Village,' said Mr Bunn, who first published the book in 1975.
'It is difficult to believe that there were no stories of haunted houses or ghostly happenings in this once thriving community. In the not too distant future there will be no-one living who can remember or recount such tales.'
You may also want to watch:
So if you've got any stories of things going bump in the night or other harrowing tales from the Beach Village, contact Mr Bunn, Tuesday-Friday, at One-stop Heritage, 71 High Street, Lowestoft.
- 1 Woman's warning after being targeted in Royal Mail scam
- 2 Anger after trees 'cut down without any consent'
- 3 Mum's upset after church clears baby daughter's grave
- 4 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 5 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 6 Covid-19 timeline: How Lowestoft responded to the pandemic
- 7 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 8 Investigations continue after drugs seized during raid
- 9 Cooler conditions keep crowds away from east coast
- 10 Man dies following collision on A12