Warm weather makes Pakefield Fete a popular choice
- Credit: James Bass
Hundreds of people headed to Pakefield cliff top today to enjoy a traditional summer fete on the green overlooking the sea.
Wrentham Brass Band played a selection of pieces as visitors browsed stalls and enjoyed food and refreshments from the bar.
A fun dog show was also held and there was a tug of war.
Tim Harris, who is a member of Promoting Pakefield, which organised the fete, said: 'It is amazing how many people came. There were more than 500 people here.
'This is the best year for weather and a lot of people have come for the dog show.'
You may also want to watch:
See next week's Journal for more details and pictures.
- 1 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 2 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 3 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 4 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 7 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft