Warm weather makes Pakefield Fete a popular choice
- Credit: James Bass
Hundreds of people headed to Pakefield cliff top today to enjoy a traditional summer fete on the green overlooking the sea.
Wrentham Brass Band played a selection of pieces as visitors browsed stalls and enjoyed food and refreshments from the bar.
A fun dog show was also held and there was a tug of war.
Tim Harris, who is a member of Promoting Pakefield, which organised the fete, said: 'It is amazing how many people came. There were more than 500 people here.
'This is the best year for weather and a lot of people have come for the dog show.'
You may also want to watch:
See next week's Journal for more details and pictures.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 5 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 10 Town's Post Office branch to reopen