Can you handle the heat? Warm welcome in store at popular festival
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A spicy event that is bursting with flavour will make a welcome return to town.
The Chilliland Lowestoft Chilli Festival returns for the fourth successive year on Saturday, August 4.
Bringing something new and exciting to town, the festival promises to be bigger and better than ever before, as it returns to Royal Green between 9.30am and 5pm.
With hundreds of people tackling the heat last year as chilli lovers and traders from far and wide indulged their fiery food passion, the UK Chilli Sauce Awards will be held at next Saturday's event.
With stalls aplenty, a display from the Fight Klub Team at 11am and a chilli eating competition at 3pm, organisers said it will be 'a fantastic day for the whole family – and it is completely free.'
You may also want to watch:
The chilli eating competition will take place at the Atlas Taxis stand, and having proved to be a massive success last year, organisers said: 'Can you handle the heat?'
- 1 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 5 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 6 Nominations for town council post revealed following 'bullying' claims
- 7 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 8 Freddie the fish trail set to make a splash return this summer
- 9 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft