Warning to drivers travelling on icy roads across Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk woke up to a light dusting of snow this morning - but forecasters say warmer temperatures are on their way.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning in Suffolk and Essex for drivers travelling on icy roads during morning rush hour.
Adam Dury, forecaster at Weatherquest, said parts of the East of England plummeted to -1C (30.2F) overnight.
However, he said temperatures were set to pick up over the coming days, possibly hitting 13C (55.4F) by the weekend.
Any more wintery showers that do fall today over Suffolk and Essex are not likely the settle, Mr Dury added.
You may also want to watch:
Send us your snowy pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 7 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 8 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 9 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 10 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully