Warning to drug users
SUFFOLK police have warned drug users that local heroin dealers may be mixing their product with 'date rape drug' Rohypnol. The drug, also known as Flunitrazepam, suppresses the central nervous and respiratory system, brings on amnesia and can lead to unconsciousness.
SUFFOLK police have warned drug users that local heroin dealers may be mixing their product with 'date rape drug' Rohypnol.
The drug, also known as Flunitrazepam, suppresses the central nervous and respiratory system, brings on amnesia and can lead to unconsciousness.
A police spokesman said: 'There is concern that the mixing of the drug with this chemical could have a severe effect for anyone who takes it, hence the need to issue an alert.
'Work continues across the county to tackle Class A drug dealers. The message from Suffolk Police, its partner agencies and from the local communities is clear - if you come to Suffolk intent on dealing drugs you will be arrested and put before the court.'If you have information about drug activity in your local area, contact Suffolk Police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.'
- If you are worried about your drug or alcohol use, or that of a friend or relative, then call the Suffolk Drug and Alcohol Action Team (DAAT) helpline on 01473 299640 between 9am and 6pm, Monday to Friday to get advice and information.
For more information about drugs log on to the FRANK website: www.talktofrank.com or phone 0800 77 66 00.
- 1 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 2 Victorian theme attracts hundreds for town's festivities
- 3 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 4 Man charged and two arrested after victim hit with knife in assault
- 5 Amelia Reynolds: 'I've learned to live a bit more in the present - enjoy the right now'
- 6 Families flock to coastal town centre ahead of switch-on event
- 7 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 8 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 9 New homes earmarked for former offices near town centre
- 10 Investigation closed after man chased victim at knifepoint in Lowestoft