Wasted costs should come from them
I SEE (Journal, March 12) Waveney District Council is planning an inquiry into what went wrong in the campus saga.So, more money's being wasted as it is a forgone result.
I SEE (Journal, March 12) Waveney District Council is planning an inquiry into what went wrong in the campus saga.
So, more money's being wasted as it is a forgone result.
So far we've had:
1. Three consultations to find a plot of land
2. The compulsory purchase of thriving companies, plus relocation costs (met by council)
3. A final price of �53m that's not realistic (I've been in construction 35 years)
- 1 'It will look fantastic': Work to restore former Post Office under way
- 2 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 3 'Something special': First Light Festival to return with new events
- 4 New trees planted on disused piece of land as Community Garden is unveiled
- 5 Bikes stolen in garage break-ins and separate theft in Lowestoft
- 6 Man punched in face in Lowestoft supermarket car park
- 7 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 8 Man, 33, charged following Lowestoft burglary
- 9 Three bikes stolen in latest spate of cycle thefts
- 10 Green light to restore High Street shopfronts dating back to 1860s
4. A building that's not large enough to house all departments (some staying put -ie offices back of Marina among others)
And now we now we have an enquiry (they don't come cheap)
I think all these wasted costs should come out of the personal pockets of those concerned in this futile non starter.
Ratepayers, this will all go on your council tax bills!
This wasted money could have gone a long way to refurbish council houses etc
Remember all this at forthcoming elections.
This council must on record have the worst expenditure in the last decade.
R J HIRST