Wasted costs should come from them
I SEE (Journal, March 12) Waveney District Council is planning an inquiry into what went wrong in the campus saga.So, more money's being wasted as it is a forgone result.
I SEE (Journal, March 12) Waveney District Council is planning an inquiry into what went wrong in the campus saga.
So, more money's being wasted as it is a forgone result.
So far we've had:
1. Three consultations to find a plot of land
2. The compulsory purchase of thriving companies, plus relocation costs (met by council)
3. A final price of �53m that's not realistic (I've been in construction 35 years)
- 1 'Extremely dangerous' - Warning issued after cliff fall
- 2 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 3 Lowestoft's £24.9 million funding for regeneration projects approved
- 4 Three-bed flat on Lowestoft beach with sea views on sale for £400k
- 5 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after man made lewd comment
- 7 Southwold woman saved cyclist's life after crashing into river
- 8 Bank holiday beer festival to take place at seafront pavilion
- 9 Comedian Andy Parsons to perform at two coastal towns in the same night
- 10 Artistes from around the world captivate crowds during 'epic' show
4. A building that's not large enough to house all departments (some staying put -ie offices back of Marina among others)
And now we now we have an enquiry (they don't come cheap)
I think all these wasted costs should come out of the personal pockets of those concerned in this futile non starter.
Ratepayers, this will all go on your council tax bills!
This wasted money could have gone a long way to refurbish council houses etc
Remember all this at forthcoming elections.
This council must on record have the worst expenditure in the last decade.
R J HIRST