Wasted costs should come from them
I SEE (Journal, March 12) Waveney District Council is planning an inquiry into what went wrong in the campus saga.So, more money's being wasted as it is a forgone result.
I SEE (Journal, March 12) Waveney District Council is planning an inquiry into what went wrong in the campus saga.
So, more money's being wasted as it is a forgone result.
So far we've had:
1. Three consultations to find a plot of land
You may also want to watch:
2. The compulsory purchase of thriving companies, plus relocation costs (met by council)
3. A final price of �53m that's not realistic (I've been in construction 35 years)
- 1 Man dies following collision on A12
- 2 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 3 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 4 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 5 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 6 Heroin addict who burgled neighbour's home four times is jailed
- 7 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash
- 8 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 9 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
- 10 'We didn't get fair hearing' - Care group's anger at new home refusal
4. A building that's not large enough to house all departments (some staying put -ie offices back of Marina among others)
And now we now we have an enquiry (they don't come cheap)
I think all these wasted costs should come out of the personal pockets of those concerned in this futile non starter.
Ratepayers, this will all go on your council tax bills!
This wasted money could have gone a long way to refurbish council houses etc
Remember all this at forthcoming elections.
This council must on record have the worst expenditure in the last decade.
R J HIRST