Wasted costs should come from them
I SEE (Journal, March 12) Waveney District Council is planning an inquiry into what went wrong in the campus saga.So, more money's being wasted as it is a forgone result.
I SEE (Journal, March 12) Waveney District Council is planning an inquiry into what went wrong in the campus saga.
So, more money's being wasted as it is a forgone result.
So far we've had:
1. Three consultations to find a plot of land
You may also want to watch:
2. The compulsory purchase of thriving companies, plus relocation costs (met by council)
3. A final price of �53m that's not realistic (I've been in construction 35 years)
- 1 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 2 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 5 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 6 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 9 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
4. A building that's not large enough to house all departments (some staying put -ie offices back of Marina among others)
And now we now we have an enquiry (they don't come cheap)
I think all these wasted costs should come out of the personal pockets of those concerned in this futile non starter.
Ratepayers, this will all go on your council tax bills!
This wasted money could have gone a long way to refurbish council houses etc
Remember all this at forthcoming elections.
This council must on record have the worst expenditure in the last decade.
R J HIRST