Wasted costs should come from them
I SEE (Journal, March 12) Waveney District Council is planning an inquiry into what went wrong in the campus saga.So, more money's being wasted as it is a forgone result.
I SEE (Journal, March 12) Waveney District Council is planning an inquiry into what went wrong in the campus saga.
So, more money's being wasted as it is a forgone result.
So far we've had:
1. Three consultations to find a plot of land
You may also want to watch:
2. The compulsory purchase of thriving companies, plus relocation costs (met by council)
3. A final price of �53m that's not realistic (I've been in construction 35 years)
- 1 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 2 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 3 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
- 5 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 6 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 7 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 8 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 9 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 10 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft
4. A building that's not large enough to house all departments (some staying put -ie offices back of Marina among others)
And now we now we have an enquiry (they don't come cheap)
I think all these wasted costs should come out of the personal pockets of those concerned in this futile non starter.
Ratepayers, this will all go on your council tax bills!
This wasted money could have gone a long way to refurbish council houses etc
Remember all this at forthcoming elections.
This council must on record have the worst expenditure in the last decade.
R J HIRST