WATCH: Lightning over Lowestoft as storms hit region
- Credit: Archant
This was the moment lightning lit up the sky over Lowestoft after the edge of a large thunderstorm brushed the town.
The footage, filmed by Luke Womack, shows fork lightning in the sky above Yarmouth Road in Lowestoft.
Heavy rain, intense thunder and lightning storms and giant hail stones hit the region last night as the heatwave affected the region ended in spectacular fashion.
Hail stones as large as £1 coins also fell in some parts of the region yesterday.
Mr Womack said: 'It was amazing I love lightning lighting up the sky and the sounds that ripple louder from them.
You may also want to watch:
'As the storm started up here at least all you felt was the wind getting progressively faster and that chill in the air knowing that something is coming.
'From my front room I watched it slowly coming towards us and the pictures I took were from the kitchen looking out to sea and Great Yarmouth.'
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft