WATCH: Lightning over Lowestoft as storms hit region
- Credit: Archant
This was the moment lightning lit up the sky over Lowestoft after the edge of a large thunderstorm brushed the town.
The footage, filmed by Luke Womack, shows fork lightning in the sky above Yarmouth Road in Lowestoft.
Heavy rain, intense thunder and lightning storms and giant hail stones hit the region last night as the heatwave affected the region ended in spectacular fashion.
Hail stones as large as £1 coins also fell in some parts of the region yesterday.
Mr Womack said: 'It was amazing I love lightning lighting up the sky and the sounds that ripple louder from them.
You may also want to watch:
'As the storm started up here at least all you felt was the wind getting progressively faster and that chill in the air knowing that something is coming.
'From my front room I watched it slowly coming towards us and the pictures I took were from the kitchen looking out to sea and Great Yarmouth.'
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 7 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 10 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man