WATCH: Young Oliver takes his first steps on the road to recovery in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Brave Oliver Whittington is today a big step closer to fulfilling his dream.
The six-year-old, of Oulton Broad, is now back home and on the road to recovery – after a life-changing operation was hailed a success.
And now the youngster, who suffers with cerebral palsy, is continuing to amaze all with his progress.
After his family launched Oliver's Footsteps campaign last December, the Lowestoft community has been praised for helping to raise more than £24,000 needed for the operation.
Mum Clare Whittington said: 'It is completely heartwarming – I am just so proud of how Lowestoft has got behind Oliver.'
You may also want to watch:
For the full story, pick up today's Journal.
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014