WATCH: Young Oliver takes his first steps on the road to recovery in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Brave Oliver Whittington is today a big step closer to fulfilling his dream.
The six-year-old, of Oulton Broad, is now back home and on the road to recovery – after a life-changing operation was hailed a success.
And now the youngster, who suffers with cerebral palsy, is continuing to amaze all with his progress.
After his family launched Oliver's Footsteps campaign last December, the Lowestoft community has been praised for helping to raise more than £24,000 needed for the operation.
Mum Clare Whittington said: 'It is completely heartwarming – I am just so proud of how Lowestoft has got behind Oliver.'
You may also want to watch:
For the full story, pick up today's Journal.
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 8 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 9 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew