Watchdog says Oulton Broad care home provides good service across the board
- Credit: Archant
Staff at an Oulton Broad care home are celebrating after the country's health and social care regulator rated them as good overall.
The report published by the Care Quality Commission on Tuesday, October 31, judges Lilac Lodge and Lavender Cottage in five different categories: safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led.
During a visit to the Kingsley Healthcare-run home on September 18, the inspector found the service to be good in all five categories, resulting in a good overall rating.
Residents told the inspector that staff were kind and caring towards them, with one saying: 'The carers I get are very good, nothing is too much trouble for them.'
Another described how the carers at the Gorleston Road home were 'so polite'.
You may also want to watch:
The report also notes that members of staff showed a genuine interest in residents and their daily lives, engaging with them in a 'thoughtful and considerate way.'
In reaction to the impressive report, home manager Zena Stotter said: 'This is a tribute to the dedication and enthusiasm of all my staff.
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 3 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 7 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 8 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street
'We are passionate about providing the highest quality care in a homely environment and are delighted this has been recognised by the inspector.'
After the last inspection at the home in February 2016, the service was labelled as 'requires improvement' when it came to assessing whether it was effective.
This time around, the inspector observed that the carers were up-to-date in their training and this was reflected by the comment of one resident who said: 'I do think they are well trained and know what they are doing'.
A further plus point was the quality of the home's food and the support provided by staff at mealtimes, whilst it was also deemed that the recruitment of a second activities coordinator had been beneficial.
Moreover, Lilac Lodge was found to be well-led and there were a series of positive comments about the management team.
The relative of one resident said: 'The management are very helpful and everything we have asked of them they have done.'
For more information about Lilac Lodge and Lavender Cottage, visit kingsleyhealthcare.co.uk.