Join the Ramblers on some healthy walks
- Credit: EDP, Archant
The Waveney and District Group of Ramblers has three walks coming up in the week ahead.
On Sunday, March 11, a nine-and-a-half-mile walk will be held from Covehithe to Kessingland. Walkers are asked to meet at the road junction at Long Row, Covehithe at 10am for this beach walk to Kessingland and back via the coastal path at Benacre.
For further details about this walk call 01502 580868.
Next Wednesday, March 14, a five-and-a-quarter-mile walk will be held in the Aldeby area. Walkers are asked to meet at The Street, Aldeby, at 10.30am by the phone box and bus shelter. For further details about this walk call 01986 893023.
Also on March 14, at 10am, a nine mile linear walk will be held from Clacton to Walton on the Naze. Meet at Naze car park to catch the 10.11am bus to Clacton, for this walk back to Walton on the Naze.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, March 10, the Waveney Ramblers' tea party will be held at Ilketshall St Andrew's village hall. Open to everyone, the tea party takes place between 3pm and 5pm.
- 1 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 2 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street