Council updates residents on bin collection dates
- Credit: Waveney Council
Waveney District Council's bin collection teams could now start the process of catching up by resuming the refuse collection service tomorrow (Saturday).
This afternoon (Friday) the council updated residents, and said they may now resume bin collections on Saturday after the 'treacherous conditions' forced them to cancel refuse collections for a third successive day.
A council spokesman said: 'The adverse weather conditions across the east have had a huge impact on our refuse collection service.
'We have put the safety of the public and our crews first and we are very grateful for your patience and understanding. We will now seek to begin the process of catching up, possibly from tomorrow (Saturday) morning, as well as undertaking a full, scheduled collection service next week.'
According to the council, it is the intention of Norse 'to collect all missed, residual waste (black bins and sacks) by Thursday of next week (March 8) across Suffolk Coastal and Waveney.
You may also want to watch:
The council spokesman added: 'If there is further bad weather, which does not seem likely, this will extend to next Saturday, March 10.
'Weather permitting, a normal service will resume on Monday. This means that if you are scheduled to receive a collection next week, please put your bin out as normal next week.'
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 8 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 9 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
In addition, Norse will be sending teams to areas where refuse was not collected and this may begin tomorrow (Saturday, March 3).
The council spokesman added: 'Therefore, the message to these customers is as follows:
'Please put out your black bins for collection tonight, and if necessary, use additional refuse sacks for any extra 'spillover' waste you may have. The black bin and sacks will be collected by crews over the coming days.
'Blue bins will be collected according to the normal schedule. So, if your blue bin was missed, it will be collected at your next scheduled date. If necessary, blue bin waste can be placed in black bin liners and these additional items will be collected with your blue bin and recycled.
'Street cleansing teams will be following up and collecting any refuse that has blown out of black bins or sacks. Once again, many thanks for your patience. We will do everything can to catch up as quickly as possible.'