Waveney council calls on local viewpoint
A COUNCIL is asking its people to play a key role in setting its budget for next year. For the first time Waveney District Council is launching a budget planning survey, asking for views on how it should allocate funds across the wide range of services.
A COUNCIL is asking its people to play a key role in setting its budget for next year.
For the first time Waveney District Council is launching a budget planning survey, asking for views on how it should allocate funds across the wide range of services.
Council leader Mark Bee said: 'This is a real opportunity for the people of Waveney to have their say and to make a difference. Any opinions we receive will help us better shape the services our communities need.
'In this time of economic challenge, we believe that every penny must be considered carefully to best support those who rely on the services we deliver. Equally, we must spend money in a way that ensures our own financial stability for now and future generations.
You may also want to watch:
'The survey is short and should only take a few minutes to complete, but the effect will be long-lasting and I would encourage as many people as possible to take part.'
The budget survey appears in the latest edition of In Touch magazine, which is being delivered to every household. It can also be completed online at www.waveney.gov.uk
- 1 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 5 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 8 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 9 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 10 Great-great-grandmother celebrates 101st birthday