Waveney council tax crack down
Hayley MaceHouseholders in Waveney who are incorrectly claiming a discount on their council tax can update their details before checks are carried out later this spring.Hayley Mace
Householders in Waveney who are incorrectly claiming a discount on their council tax can update their details before checks are carried out later this spring.
About 17,900 homes in the area receive the 25pc single occupier reduction and in early April, Waveney District Council will be comparing its data with other sources of information to identify any cases where the discount is being claimed incorrectly.
Council tax payers are legally obliged to inform the council within 28 days if their think they no longer qualify for the discount. Customers who update their details before April 6 will not be charged the �70 penalty and will have their address removed from the data matching process.
Anyone who wants to discuss their circumstances can contact the council's billing team on 01502 523534.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 A12 closed following serious three-vehicle crash
- 2 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 3 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 4 Lowestoft gets £24.9m for key town centre projects
- 5 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 6 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through region
- 7 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Man charged following early morning burglary attempt
- 9 The voice of the Shipping Forecast publishes latest fox storybook
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft