Waveney council tax crack down
Hayley MaceHouseholders in Waveney who are incorrectly claiming a discount on their council tax can update their details before checks are carried out later this spring.Hayley Mace
Householders in Waveney who are incorrectly claiming a discount on their council tax can update their details before checks are carried out later this spring.
About 17,900 homes in the area receive the 25pc single occupier reduction and in early April, Waveney District Council will be comparing its data with other sources of information to identify any cases where the discount is being claimed incorrectly.
Council tax payers are legally obliged to inform the council within 28 days if their think they no longer qualify for the discount. Customers who update their details before April 6 will not be charged the �70 penalty and will have their address removed from the data matching process.
Anyone who wants to discuss their circumstances can contact the council's billing team on 01502 523534.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 8 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings