Waveney council tax crack down
Hayley MaceHouseholders in Waveney who are incorrectly claiming a discount on their council tax can update their details before checks are carried out later this spring.Hayley Mace
Householders in Waveney who are incorrectly claiming a discount on their council tax can update their details before checks are carried out later this spring.
About 17,900 homes in the area receive the 25pc single occupier reduction and in early April, Waveney District Council will be comparing its data with other sources of information to identify any cases where the discount is being claimed incorrectly.
Council tax payers are legally obliged to inform the council within 28 days if their think they no longer qualify for the discount. Customers who update their details before April 6 will not be charged the �70 penalty and will have their address removed from the data matching process.
Anyone who wants to discuss their circumstances can contact the council's billing team on 01502 523534.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 2 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 6 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 7 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 8 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 9 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 10 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown