Chance to discuss crime in Waveney at meeting with police chief
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk's Police and Crime Commissioner is encouraging Waveney residents to attend a public meeting to talk about crime in the area.
Tim Passmore will hold the event at the Wherry Hotel in Bridge Road, Oulton Broad, on Monday, July 9.
It will be the fifth meeting in a series of 'Your Police Your Say' events he is holding this year.
Mr Passmore will also be joined by Deputy Chief Constable Steve Jupp.
Mr Passmore said: 'Public engagement is hugely important in this role, so it is vital that I get out into the communities I serve so people can question me in an open forum.
You may also want to watch:
'I do hope people will accept this invite to come and find out more about policing in Waveney. Steve and I will be pleased to discuss any matter that arises.
'I am hoping for an open and frank two-way dialogue, so please spread the word as I really want to encourage a good crowd.'
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
The meeting, which will start at 7pm, will involve a quick overview from Mr Passmore and DCC Jupp and then the public will have an opportunity to ask questions. The local inspectors responsible for policing in the borough will add operational context.
There's no need to book, just turn up. Tea and coffee will be served from 6.40pm.