Waveney Disability Forum to hold annual meeting with all welcome
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2015
People with physical, sensory or learning difficulties or mental health problems are invited to attend the annual meeting of the Waveney Disability Forum.
The meeting is being held on Thursday, May 31, at Riverside in Lowestoft and is open to anyone with a disability living in Waveney, along with their parents and carers.
Representatives of disability organisations providing a service within the area are also welcome.
The Waveney Disability Forum creates an opportunity for people with disabilities and disability organisations in Waveney to come together to consult directly with the Council on the services and facilities which affect them.
Stephen Ardley, Waveney's deputy leader and cabinet member for merger and communities, said: 'The Waveney Disability Forum, with support from the East Suffolk Communities Team, continues to be the collective voice for local people with disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
'The Forum addresses all issues of disability and works to achieve positive outcomes for the community. Anyone wishing to join the Forum is welcome to attend the meeting and we look forward to seeing you there.'
Current topics being discussed by the Disability Forum include blue badge parking enforcement, transport, access to Lowestoft beach, health and social care services and leisure activities. Guest speakers will be present to assist with the discussions and respond directly to concerns raised.
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 4 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 5 Fourth place for Giarnni and GB quartet in team gymnastics Olympic final
- 6 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 7 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 8 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 9 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 10 Lorry in collision with a tree near Halesworth
The meeting begins at 2pm at Riverside. To book your place or for more information about joining the Disability Forum, call the East Suffolk Communities Team on 01502 523354 or email firstname.lastname@example.org