Flood alert for Waveney no longer in force
- Credit: Archant
A flood warning that was in place for much of Waveney has been removed.
The Environment Agency had earlier issued a flood alert for the tidal River Waveney from Ellingham, near Bungay, to Breydon Water near Great Yarmouth.
But water levels are now well below the flood risk thresholds and the forecast is for no current flood risk from high tides.
There may, however, still be some areas where flood water is present until it can drain away.
Members of the public are advised to continue taking care on waterside roads and footpaths, and to avoid putting themselves in unnecessary danger.
You may also want to watch:
The Environment Agency is continuing to closely monitor water levels.
- 1 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 2 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 3 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 5 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 9 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers
- 10 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients