Waveney Group Diabetes UK
The group has a new venue at St Peter's Court, in the community room.The first speaker in this venue was Dr Joan Randall from the James who talked about type two diabetes and the effects is has on people, plus information about the drugs prescribed for people with diabetes.
The group has a new venue at St Peter's Court, in the community room.
The first speaker in this venue was Dr Joan Randall from the James who talked about type two diabetes and the effects is has on people, plus information about the drugs prescribed for people with diabetes. She also talked about the changes being made by the NHS in the way diabetes is treated and plans for people to take more control over their medication and life style, ie patient centred.
There followed a lively question and answer session and afternoon tea with scones and jam.
The second meeting was held on May 15, which was the annual meeting. The chairman gave a short address on how the group was progressing and the treasurer presented the accounts: a new vice chairman was elected and the group now has five people on the new committee.
You may also want to watch:
The speaker was unable to attend so a quiz was held, which was won by the two new members. They also won the raffle. Over tea, the members spent the rest of the afternoon chatting and catching up on news.
The group made �140 from their stall at the Kessingland car boot sale. Members had been very generous in saving all their unwanted items, persuading friends and family to chip in. The money raised is for Diabetes UK which the group will be presenting to the charity.
- 1 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 2 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 3 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 6 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
- 7 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency in Southwold
- 9 Teenager arrested following alleged assault in Lowestoft
- 10 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims