Waveney Group Diabetes UK
The group has a new venue at St Peter's Court, in the community room.The first speaker in this venue was Dr Joan Randall from the James who talked about type two diabetes and the effects is has on people, plus information about the drugs prescribed for people with diabetes.
The group has a new venue at St Peter's Court, in the community room.
The first speaker in this venue was Dr Joan Randall from the James who talked about type two diabetes and the effects is has on people, plus information about the drugs prescribed for people with diabetes. She also talked about the changes being made by the NHS in the way diabetes is treated and plans for people to take more control over their medication and life style, ie patient centred.
There followed a lively question and answer session and afternoon tea with scones and jam.
The second meeting was held on May 15, which was the annual meeting. The chairman gave a short address on how the group was progressing and the treasurer presented the accounts: a new vice chairman was elected and the group now has five people on the new committee.
You may also want to watch:
The speaker was unable to attend so a quiz was held, which was won by the two new members. They also won the raffle. Over tea, the members spent the rest of the afternoon chatting and catching up on news.
The group made �140 from their stall at the Kessingland car boot sale. Members had been very generous in saving all their unwanted items, persuading friends and family to chip in. The money raised is for Diabetes UK which the group will be presenting to the charity.
- 1 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 2 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 3 Delays expected for bridge works
- 4 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 5 Town 'at the heart' of green energy bid after windfarm success
- 6 Cultural hub could transform 'key town centre site' in £35m project
- 7 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 8 Hospital order for man who attacked mother with metal bar
- 9 Border Force alerted after lifeboat recovers abandoned dinghy
- 10 Teen lands in court over spate of thefts from vehicles