Waveney Gym Club bouncing for joy
A GYMNASTICS club has hit heady heights after being awarded almost �10,000 to help them purchase state-of-the-art equipment.Waveney Gymnastics Club were bouncing for joy this week after their bid for funding attracted a �9,759 Awards For All grant which will now enable the club to buy a free standing competition trampoline, complete with end decks, safety spotting mats and safe access steps.
A GYMNASTICS club has hit heady heights after being awarded almost �10,000 to help them purchase state-of-the-art equipment.
Waveney Gymnastics Club were bouncing for joy this week after their bid for funding attracted a �9,759 Awards For All grant which will now enable the club to buy a free standing competition trampoline, complete with end decks, safety spotting mats and safe access steps.
It will now allow gymnasts to train on equipment used in competitions, which are always free standing and 1.2m above floor level.
The addition of a competition trampoline at the centre in Southwell Road will aid their development and progress through the grades.
You may also want to watch:
The special needs groups at the club will also be using the trampoline as part of their activity sessions, accessing it via a set of safety steps and using a purpose-built fun slide to reach the ground.
Assistant manager at the club, Peter Etherington, said: 'This is a superb opportunity for people to build up confidence and spatial awareness on a free standing trampoline.'
- 1 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 2 Fire damages children's play area in Lowestoft
- 3 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 4 Man dies following collision on A12
- 5 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 6 Tools stolen from work van during night time break-in
- 7 Plans for glamping site on Suffolk coast withdrawn
- 8 Work to resume on £15m project to give thousands ultrafast broadband
- 9 Prosecution for drill killing of protected tree 'a warning'
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: Arsonist, burglar and drug dealer all behind bars
With the funding from Awards For All, who award funds from The National Lottery, this has also contributed towards the cost of training courses for coaches at the club to teach children and young people with special needs and spatial awareness.
'It will be an incredibly useful and beneficial addition to the excellent facilities at Waveney Gymnastics Club,' Mr Etherington added.
The club hope to receive delivery of the trampoline within the next six weeks.
For more details on the club call 01502 501419 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
A fun Easter festival is being held at the club on Saturday, April 25.