Waveney Gym Club bouncing for joy
A GYMNASTICS club has hit heady heights after being awarded almost �10,000 to help them purchase state-of-the-art equipment.Waveney Gymnastics Club were bouncing for joy this week after their bid for funding attracted a �9,759 Awards For All grant which will now enable the club to buy a free standing competition trampoline, complete with end decks, safety spotting mats and safe access steps.
A GYMNASTICS club has hit heady heights after being awarded almost �10,000 to help them purchase state-of-the-art equipment.
Waveney Gymnastics Club were bouncing for joy this week after their bid for funding attracted a �9,759 Awards For All grant which will now enable the club to buy a free standing competition trampoline, complete with end decks, safety spotting mats and safe access steps.
It will now allow gymnasts to train on equipment used in competitions, which are always free standing and 1.2m above floor level.
The addition of a competition trampoline at the centre in Southwell Road will aid their development and progress through the grades.
You may also want to watch:
The special needs groups at the club will also be using the trampoline as part of their activity sessions, accessing it via a set of safety steps and using a purpose-built fun slide to reach the ground.
Assistant manager at the club, Peter Etherington, said: 'This is a superb opportunity for people to build up confidence and spatial awareness on a free standing trampoline.'
- 1 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 2 'A true icon': England legend unveils sports hall at former school
- 3 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 4 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 5 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 6 'Little soldier' Drew fighting extremely rare muscle condition
- 7 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 8 Fire fighters called to school after solar panel convertor fire
- 9 Person taken to hospital after being rescued from boat
- 10 'After we found out we were expecting twins, it felt like we had won the lottery'
With the funding from Awards For All, who award funds from The National Lottery, this has also contributed towards the cost of training courses for coaches at the club to teach children and young people with special needs and spatial awareness.
'It will be an incredibly useful and beneficial addition to the excellent facilities at Waveney Gymnastics Club,' Mr Etherington added.
The club hope to receive delivery of the trampoline within the next six weeks.
For more details on the club call 01502 501419 or e-mail email@example.com
A fun Easter festival is being held at the club on Saturday, April 25.