Waveney households get warm homes help
NEARLY 1,700 households in Waveney have taken advantage of government funding to help people warm their homes and cut their bills.The Warm Front scheme provides money towards insulation and heating for vulnerable households.
NEARLY 1,700 households in Waveney have taken advantage of government funding to help people warm their homes and cut their bills.
The Warm Front scheme provides money towards insulation and heating for vulnerable households. According to figures from the energy company which delivers the scheme, 1,674 homes have received assistance in Waveney - with more than �2.15m of work being delivered.
Warm Front provides up to �2,700 towards insulation and gas heating, or up to �4,000 for oil heating. It also helps people at risk of fuel poverty by making sure they claim all the benefits they are entitled to. So far in Waveney, 219 households have gained from the scheme's benefit entitlement check, with their average income increasing by �20.69 a week.
Waveney MP Bob Blizzard said: 'I'm delighted that so many people no longer have to worry about high fuel bills in Waveney. Unfortunately, not everyone who is eligible for Warm Front benefits takes advantage of them, and I want to encourage everyone who thinks they might be eligible to find out what they could receive.
To find out if you are eligible for support, call Warm Front on 0800 316 6014.
- 1 One of the world's largest container ships anchors off coast
- 2 Three men arrested after 'unofficial Supermarket Sweep' in town centre
- 3 Mystery continues as owner of 'massive' snake yet to come forward
- 4 New fully vegan café to open in Lowestoft
- 5 A146 near Beccles closed by police after crash
- 6 Charity match boosts worthy cause after man's life-saving surgery
- 7 Bank holiday beer festival to take place at seafront pavilion
- 8 Family's appeal after factory worker's asbestos-related death
- 9 Behind the scenes as 'world class' circus artistes unite with young gymnasts
- 10 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS