Waveney households get warm homes help
NEARLY 1,700 households in Waveney have taken advantage of government funding to help people warm their homes and cut their bills.The Warm Front scheme provides money towards insulation and heating for vulnerable households.
NEARLY 1,700 households in Waveney have taken advantage of government funding to help people warm their homes and cut their bills.
The Warm Front scheme provides money towards insulation and heating for vulnerable households. According to figures from the energy company which delivers the scheme, 1,674 homes have received assistance in Waveney - with more than �2.15m of work being delivered.
Warm Front provides up to �2,700 towards insulation and gas heating, or up to �4,000 for oil heating. It also helps people at risk of fuel poverty by making sure they claim all the benefits they are entitled to. So far in Waveney, 219 households have gained from the scheme's benefit entitlement check, with their average income increasing by �20.69 a week.
Waveney MP Bob Blizzard said: 'I'm delighted that so many people no longer have to worry about high fuel bills in Waveney. Unfortunately, not everyone who is eligible for Warm Front benefits takes advantage of them, and I want to encourage everyone who thinks they might be eligible to find out what they could receive.
You may also want to watch:
To find out if you are eligible for support, call Warm Front on 0800 316 6014.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 3 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 4 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 5 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 6 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 Charity behind music festival launches lockdown support group
- 9 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 10 Missing man found safe and well