Waveney households set for winter warmer
HOUSEHOLDERS in Waveney entitled to help with their heating bills are being sent their winter fuel payments.
Last year, 126,610 payments were made in Suffolk, including 23,890 in Waveney and 24,610 in Suffolk Coastal.
This year, �250 is being paid to households with someone born on or before July, 5, 1950, and �400 to those that include a person aged 80 or over.
The department of work and pensions says payments will be paid automatically between now and January.
But if a payment hasn't arrived by then, you can contact the office that pays your benefit.
Minister for pensions, Steve Webb said: 'We know that older people have higher heating costs, which is why we kept our promise to protect winter fuel payments. Over nine million households will benefit from the payment this winter to help with heating costs. This is on top of additional help through cold weather payments if temperatures plummet.'
He added: 'People should have the confidence to turn up their heating as winter hits.'
- 1 Popular bookstore looking ahead to next new chapter in Lowestoft
- 2 Landlord 'sells Lowestoft Banksy work for £2 million'
- 3 Lowestoft man battling back after prostate cancer diagnosis
- 4 Seven places to get a fry-up in Lowestoft
- 5 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 6 First Buses to change tickets to make travel simpler
- 7 East Anglia’s ports tap into fast-growing domestic cruise market
- 8 Nurseries, pre-schools and primaries see Covid rate rises
- 9 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 10 Have you got any memories of the James Paget hospital when it opened?
l New customers who have not yet claimed, must do so before March 30. For information, log on to: www.direct.gov.uk/winterfuel