Waveney households set for winter warmer
HOUSEHOLDERS in Waveney entitled to help with their heating bills are being sent their winter fuel payments.
Last year, 126,610 payments were made in Suffolk, including 23,890 in Waveney and 24,610 in Suffolk Coastal.
This year, �250 is being paid to households with someone born on or before July, 5, 1950, and �400 to those that include a person aged 80 or over.
The department of work and pensions says payments will be paid automatically between now and January.
But if a payment hasn't arrived by then, you can contact the office that pays your benefit.
You may also want to watch:
Minister for pensions, Steve Webb said: 'We know that older people have higher heating costs, which is why we kept our promise to protect winter fuel payments. Over nine million households will benefit from the payment this winter to help with heating costs. This is on top of additional help through cold weather payments if temperatures plummet.'
He added: 'People should have the confidence to turn up their heating as winter hits.'
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
l New customers who have not yet claimed, must do so before March 30. For information, log on to: www.direct.gov.uk/winterfuel