Waveney households set for winter warmer
HOUSEHOLDERS in Waveney entitled to help with their heating bills are being sent their winter fuel payments.
Last year, 126,610 payments were made in Suffolk, including 23,890 in Waveney and 24,610 in Suffolk Coastal.
This year, �250 is being paid to households with someone born on or before July, 5, 1950, and �400 to those that include a person aged 80 or over.
The department of work and pensions says payments will be paid automatically between now and January.
But if a payment hasn't arrived by then, you can contact the office that pays your benefit.
You may also want to watch:
Minister for pensions, Steve Webb said: 'We know that older people have higher heating costs, which is why we kept our promise to protect winter fuel payments. Over nine million households will benefit from the payment this winter to help with heating costs. This is on top of additional help through cold weather payments if temperatures plummet.'
He added: 'People should have the confidence to turn up their heating as winter hits.'
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
l New customers who have not yet claimed, must do so before March 30. For information, log on to: www.direct.gov.uk/winterfuel