Children’s activities this half term
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Family fun is on offer this February half term with children's activities and events planned at libraries across Waveney.
Next Tuesday, February 13, a special Experience Sutton Hoo talk and visual display will take place at Kessingland Library. There is the chance to handle some artefacts from the Anglo-Saxon site at the library at Marram Green from 2.30pm.
Tickets cost 50p per person, and with advance booking essential contact the library to book.
Fun for all ages is on offer at Southwold Library during two sessions – at 11am or 2pm – on February 14 as storyteller Catherine Cawood recalls Tales from Old East Anglia. Sessions cost £1 per person, call Southwold Library on 01502 722519 to book.
A children's lantern-making workshop for the Winterlight Festival is held from 2.30pm next Wednesday, February 14 at Halesworth Library, ahead of the festival on February 17.
You may also want to watch:
Next Thursday, February 15, Southwold Library hosts kidz film fun with The Lego Batman Movie. Activities – including make your own Lego Batman mask, building a Batmobile from Lego, creating your own bat signal and trying some Lego jelly – start at 10.30am, with tickets costing £3 for U16. Children U8 must be accompanied by an adult.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 5 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 6 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 7 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 8 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 9 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend