Virtual May Day Festival to offer array of music and culture
- Credit: Waveney TUC
Waveney May Day festival is set to be held online this year and will celebrate some of Lowestoft's culture and music.
The event is organised by Waveney TUC and celebrates International Workers Day.
Some of the highlights will include writer Dean Parkin joining forces with folk duo John and Lynne Ward to present sights and sounds celebrating their hometown, featuring stories, poems and archive photos from Dean alongside a selection of John's finest songs capturing Lowestoft’s character.
The rest of the day will include entertaining live music spanning every genre from rock, folk, blues and roots to even some sea shanties.
Among other highlights at the event will be an online zoom discussion about the climate emergency and Suffolk solutions.
You may also want to watch:
Some topics being discussed will include Sizewell, transport, the environmental coast and asking: is it really a choice between jobs and clean energy?
The event will conclude with headliner Mexican singer-songwriter León Chávez Teixeiro.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 5 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 6 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 10 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted