Waveney MP Peter Aldous unveils new-look post office and convenience store in north Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
REFURBISHED STORE: To celebrate the launch of the modern new-look Hollingsworth Road Post Office and Nisa convenience store, Waveney MP Peter Aldous ceremonially cut the ribbon at an opening event last Friday.
Postmaster Jayshree Odedra has marked the 20th anniversary of owning the convenience store in Hollingsworth Road, Lowestoft and the 10th anniversary of the post office moving to her premises by completely modernising the entire Post Office and shop – with the entire layout of the store changing.
There are now two main screened post office counters at the rear of the store, which are open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5.30pm.
There is also a post office serving point for use at the retail counter, offering selected services which is now available during store opening hours of Monday to Saturday between 8am and 8pm and Sunday from 10am to 4pm.
Post office services are now available an extra 32 hours a week, including Sunday, to give customers more choice.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Aldous said: 'I am delighted to be here to congratulate dedicated Postmaster Miss Odedra on the significant investment that she has carried out to completely modernise the whole store, including the Post Office.
'She has shown real loyal commitment to Hollingsworth Road. The whole store looks really great.'
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 6 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 Businesses pitch in to give vital support to Lowestoft charities
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
Miss Odedra said: 'Customers are very happy and impressed with the changes that I have made. It is now light, bright, modern and airy. There is now more space for the Post Office and the store, which has allowed me to extend the retail range. We are conveniently located with lots of free parking outside and the new Post Office opening hours will help people with busy lives to pop into my branch.'
Pictured are from left to right: Christine Sharman, postmaster Jayshree Odedra, Waveney MP Peter Aldous and Jenny Wright. Both Christine and Jenny are Post Office staff working behind the counter.