Waveney MP Peter Aldous visits Bonds Meadow
- Credit: Archant
Recent developments at a popular county wildlife area have been showcased to an MP.
Waveney MP Peter Aldous visited Bonds Meadow wildlife area in Oulton Broad last week. He met the Bonds Meadow work party, who turn up every Tuesday to weed, cut back, pick litter, lay pathways and anything else which needs doing to maintain this beautiful wildlife area.
Mr Aldous was also shown the new Eastern Woods Pathway, which the work party created last winter – replacing an impenetrable jungle of rubbish and undergrowth. It is now mature woodland with flowers and wildlife, which is already well-used and appreciated by local residents.
A spokesman for Bonds Meadow Community Association said: 'It was necessary for Peter to put his wellies on because, in spite of the improvement in the weather, the main footpath is still a sea of churned up mud owing to essential pipe-laying work being carried out under the footpath on behalf of Persimmon Homes, who have, however, promised reinstatement when they have completed their work.
'Bonds Meadow appreciate Peter's support and interest in the work, which keeps Bonds Meadow such a beautiful spot, and we hope to welcome him back this year to see the reinstatement's progress.'
You may also want to watch:
Bonds Meadow is situated between Sands Lane and Hall Road in North Oulton Broad. If you would like to join the work party, the group meets at 9.30am every Tuesday at the Sands Lane entrance or call 01502 514157.
- 1 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 5 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 6 Nominations for town council post revealed following 'bullying' claims
- 7 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 8 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 9 Freddie the fish trail set to make a splash return this summer
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft