Waveney MP signs pledge supporting increased funding for brain tumour research
- Credit: Archant
The MP for Waveney has signed a pledge fighting to increase funding for brain tumours research.
Peter Aldous attended the All-Party Parliamentary Group on brain tumours in Westminster on Monday, July 10.
The group are helping to shape government policy whilst giving a voice to patients and the wider brain tumour community.
Mr Aldous said: 'The situation for those affected by brain tumours in our communities needs changing. I have pledged to champion the cause of brain tumour patients and fight for the increase in funding so dearly needed.
'It is essential that the UK leads the way in investing in research and I welcome all that is being done by the All Party Parliamentary Group on brain tumours and the wider brain tumour community to ensure sustainable improvements are made.'
You may also want to watch:
According to Brain Tumour Research less than 20pc of those diagnosed with a brain tumour survive beyond five years, compared with an average of 50pc across all cancers.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 5 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'