Waveney MP signs pledge supporting increased funding for brain tumour research
- Credit: Archant
The MP for Waveney has signed a pledge fighting to increase funding for brain tumours research.
Peter Aldous attended the All-Party Parliamentary Group on brain tumours in Westminster on Monday, July 10.
The group are helping to shape government policy whilst giving a voice to patients and the wider brain tumour community.
Mr Aldous said: 'The situation for those affected by brain tumours in our communities needs changing. I have pledged to champion the cause of brain tumour patients and fight for the increase in funding so dearly needed.
'It is essential that the UK leads the way in investing in research and I welcome all that is being done by the All Party Parliamentary Group on brain tumours and the wider brain tumour community to ensure sustainable improvements are made.'
You may also want to watch:
According to Brain Tumour Research less than 20pc of those diagnosed with a brain tumour survive beyond five years, compared with an average of 50pc across all cancers.
- 1 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 2 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 3 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 4 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 7 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft