Waveney MP urges young people to sign up to National Citizen Service
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2014
Waveney MP Peter Aldous has encouraged young people to take part in the National Citizen Service (NCS) programme in Waveney this February half-term.
The programme is open to all 15 to 17-year-olds. It starts with a trip to an outdoors activity centre, where young people work together to overcome challenging outward-bounds activities.
Teenagers then attend a series of workshops designed to develop key skills such as interview techniques, CV writing and budgeting.
The programme ends with a group project that young people design and deliver to benefit the local community.
Mr Aldous said: 'I met a great group of young people when I visited an NCS programme last year.
You may also want to watch:
'I was really impressed with their confidence, enthusiasm and desire to better themselves for the future.'
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014