Waveney MP urges young people to sign up to National Citizen Service
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2014
Waveney MP Peter Aldous has encouraged young people to take part in the National Citizen Service (NCS) programme in Waveney this February half-term.
The programme is open to all 15 to 17-year-olds. It starts with a trip to an outdoors activity centre, where young people work together to overcome challenging outward-bounds activities.
Teenagers then attend a series of workshops designed to develop key skills such as interview techniques, CV writing and budgeting.
The programme ends with a group project that young people design and deliver to benefit the local community.
Mr Aldous said: 'I met a great group of young people when I visited an NCS programme last year.
You may also want to watch:
'I was really impressed with their confidence, enthusiasm and desire to better themselves for the future.'
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 4 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 6 Fourth place for Giarnni and GB quartet in team gymnastics Olympic final
- 7 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 8 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 9 Lorry in collision with a tree near Halesworth
- 10 Mountain bike stolen from outside gym on retail park